Investor Contribution 2.0: Public Consultation on Proposed Definitions, Strategies, Templates, and Disclosures for Investor Contribution
The Predistribution Initiative (PDI) and Impact Frontiers, with the support of Omidyar Network, are jointly facilitating an industry consensus-building effort to develop resources that can support investors in measuring, managing, and reporting their positive and negative contributions to impact and systematic risk. Through this “Investor Contribution 2.0” (IC 2.0) project, we are inviting input and feedback via public consultation from February 21 through April 30, 2023, and will publish the final products as a public resource in mid-2023.
In this phase of the project, focused on private capital asset classes, we are inviting feedback on the proposed definitions and strategies for investor contribution described in the Investor Contribution Definitions & Strategies white paper, and on two related templates created to support investors:
- Investor Contribution Definitions & Strategies
- Proposed Direct Investment & Engagement Impact Templates for Private Market Investors
- Proposed Investment Structures & Governance Disclosure Templates for PE, PD, VC
Responses are welcome via whichever of the following engagement options listed below is most convenient for you. Respondents may also choose to engage through all three options:
- Zoom Huddles: Join one of our open-invite interactive Zoom ‘huddles.’ Register via the links below:
- Asset Owners, Asset Allocators, Development Finance Institutions (DFIs):
- Asset Managers, Other Financial Intermediaries, Advisors, Lawyers, Consultants:
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Academia, Multilateral Organizations, Standard Setters, Policy Makers and Regulators:
- Contribute to our online discussion forum
- Email us responses to the definitions and/or templates directly at email@example.com. We welcome your input via track changes, comments, or direct responses to any consultation questions within the documents themselves.
In addition to specific consultation questions throughout the documents, our overarching consultation questions are:
- Would you be willing to adopt and endorse the terms, definitions, and guidelines below as an emerging industry consensus? If not, what are the ‘must-haves’ that would need to change?
- Would you be willing to pilot the templates provided (as appropriate) and provide feedback to the project team, so that we can continue to improve them as a public good for investors? What would your feedback be?
- Research & Resources Database_Investment Structures & Governance (Excel)
- Compiled Metrics for Investor Contribution (Excel)
- Video: Introducing the ‘Elephant’ of Investor Contribution (7 minutes)
- IMP Discussion Document: Emerging Consensus on Investor Contribution in Public and Private Markets
- IMP Discussion Document: Negative Investor Contribution